Monday, November 1, 2010

Ayumi Hamasaki-Crossroad

Jacket A
Jacket B
Jacket CIt has been a long time since the last time I wrote an article. I’m sorry but I was really busy with university & friends. I’ll try to continue to post message as often as possible.

I’m going to start with Ayumi Hamasaki 49th single that was out on 22nd September. Yes, I know, I would have to do this earlier.

As usual, I’ll begin with the covers. For this single, we have 3 covers. They’re really simple & magazine’s like. As usual, Ayu surprised me because there is no road or crossroad. For me the covers are ok, even if the MOON/blossom ones were better. My favorite one is the Jacket C.

1. Crossroad is mid temp ballad. We were able to listening to it at Music Station for the first time. This song is really amazing. I can’t find any word to describe it. The lyrics are about her life & the decisions she took in her life. Crossroad is the only song that has a pv. For people who don’t know Ayu, this pv can appear simple, aesthetic but boring. For Ayu fan, this pv is amazing because there is a message behind the simplicity. The pv tells about Ayu’s life. I’ll made another article with the meaning of the pv.

2. SEVEN DAYS WARS is a cover of T.M. Network. It’s the third Ayu cover. The other songs she covered are Sotsugyou Shashin (A ballads) & teens ~accoustic version~ (Satrtin’/Born to be...). I’m really impressive because the song is a mixing of old & current music. We can hear that the style of music come from the end of ’80 but the arrangement updates the song. I really love the choir at the end. This song is really beautiful.

3. blossom (Clockwork yellow remix )is the first remix of the single. For one time, I think it’s a good remix. Maybe because it’s really close to Daft Punk stuff.

4. Blossom (orchestra version) is really nice & sad. The lyrics of blossom are really sad even if the original song sounds happy. I really like that version but not more than the original version.

5. MOON (orchestra version) is really beautiful. I prefer it than blossom (orchestra version). The quality of the arrangement is so high than I can’t choose which one is my favourite between the original one & the orchestra one).

Crossroad is really a good single.

4,67/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Days!!

It has been a long time since my last post. I’m not really a rigorous type people & I tend to neglect some parts of my life which ...