Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ayumi Hamasaki- Rock’n Roll Circus album

First of all after the NEXT LEVEL covers which are not my favorite Ayu’s covers, the RnRC ones are so pretty and amazing. Ayu looks like a doll on the CD+DVD cover. A new atmosphere emanates from the covers. I can’t really say why...it’s a mystery surrounded by magic.

1. THE introduction: the title is the reflection of the song. It’s an introduction & it’s really a pretty one. It’s worth its “THE”. The start is really weird. I can’t say the feeling I have when I listen to it. It’s a bit martial and majestic. It’s like we’re in front of a powerful queen. ^^

It’s a very introduction for the following song:

2. Microphone: a organ intro, a rockfish & powerful chorus, an exciting guitar part,… that song is SO AMAZING. I really love when Ayu’s rock. I think it’s the best style for her. Or maybe, it’s just me who love rock XD

3. Count down is a beautiful and dark rock song. It’s a long time that Ayu did that kind of song. The arrangement is heavy on Ayu voice. I mean that the sound is fated. It’s why that song is so dark. It’s like for Guilty: the music give le the feeling that I was guilty for something. Here, it’s the same thing but I feel as there is only one way in the life & that way is drawn by the gods. I really love that song. The intro is really weird but it’s original to start a ballad.

4. Sunset~Love is all~ is a beautiful summer ballad. The melody is the same that its twin sunrise. It’s really a full of emotions song & the lyrics is really nice.

5. Ballad is a wonderful ballad with asian & orchestra l sounds It is really slow and powerful. The chorus is quiet by contrast to you were…’s one. The instrumental part is really beautiful with the violin. The lyrics are really sad.

6. Last Links is an acoustic song. It’s a long time she has used a acoustic guitar on her original song. It’s again a nice song. The arrangement is really nice and the mixing of the instruments is perfect. Above all I love the violin part.

7. Montage: is the first interlude of the album. It’s my favorite. The beginning goes out a horror film. After we have a quiet dance of violin. The theme changes for a beautiful part of harpsichord which carries us in Versailles where we’ll have a romance in the garden. The end is really sudden. Montage is a montage of varied style of music. All transition are perfect & the whole interlude doesn’t seem desultory.

8. Don’t look back is an oriental/Arabic song. It’s the first time that Ayu makes such song. It’s really beautiful. I really love how she says “don’t look back”^^

9. Jump! Is the second and last interlude. It’s dynamic and want me to jump everywhere XD I like it.

10. Lady Dynamite is a pop rock song. That song is really good for a party. Everybody dances!!!

11. Sexy little things is really puzzling & different from others Ayu’s song. If I should find a similar song it’ll be “energize” from Next Level for the sound is old. I can’t really say the years but it’ remind me old song. The melody on electro sounds is wonderful. Some others sounds carry me on a circus with acrobats and clown. The end of the song is really special but I love it. One of the best songs of that album.

12. Sunrise~Love is all~ is a summer song with electro sound. I really love that song because it’s out of others Ayu’s summer song. Every time I hear it I feel happy and full of energize.

13. Meaning of love is nice ballad. It’s a bit like who… in the sense that it’ll be perfect if Ayu sing it at the end of concert. There arrangement is really sweet, soft & light. It’s a nice song for the spring.

14. You were… is a winter ballad. The verse is really quiet and the chorus is power. The usual instrumental (guitar) bridge is really nice. It’s the same structure than Days. One more time, I’m totally won over by that beautiful song.

15. Red Line ~for TA~ (album version) is the same that the single version. The only thing that is different is the end. Ayu sings a capella. It’s a beautiful and original way to finish an album.

I would like to add one thing: the scheme of the album is really meaningful. At the middle of the album there is Don’t look back. It highlights by two interludes. Before DLB there are all Ayu’s sad and dark songs and after DLB we find all “happy songs”. I think it’s really interesting to note that!

20/20








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Days!!

It has been a long time since my last post. I’m not really a rigorous type people & I tend to neglect some parts of my life which ...