Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Koda Kumi Univers Album

Universe is the 8th album of Koda Kumi. She is not one of my favorite singers. In fact there are not a lot of her songs that I like. However, I always listened to her new stuff because I know that she has talent but in my view she’s not able to use it perfectly.

The covers of the album are really nice and simple. Even if they’re not original because she already used that kind of cover for her second best album.

01-Step In To My World: is the introduction of the new album. It’s really similar to Introduction for trick the first track of her Trick album (2009). I liked that last one so Step InTo My World is a good intro. Yet, I think it’s really so long and so repetitive.

02- Can we go back: is the second track of Universe. It’s a cover of Kelly Clarkson. It’s a rock-song. There a little cut on the song.

03- SUPERSTAR is what I name a “kawaii song”. It’s the kind of pop song who give you the feel to smile and that have a cute pv. Personally, I think it’s a common and random song. Moreover it’s similar to Lick methat was out in 2009 summer. The chorus is really boring. For me, it’s the kind of song that I listen one or two time before to forget it quickly.

04- You're So Beautiful is the most beautiful new song of that album. It’s a nice ballad even if it’s not really original. A lot of American singer already made that kind of song. Moreover, it’s a bit repetitive. Yet, I really love the instrumental and the arrangement, violin are really nice. I love how all kuu’s voices (she sing with herself) mix together. It’s really beautiful. Later, I’ll talk about its pv, surely.

05-Lick meis the second kawaii song of the Universe album. It’s really summerish too. I like the “clap clap” that we can hear in the chorus. It’s a bit repetitive.

06-Work it out: the intro of work it out made me think to an old song that I listened too when I was younger. But I can’t remind me the name of the song. It’s beautiful rockfish song. However, the full song is a bit flat and don’t have a lot of relief. The little electro effect at the end of the chorus is really cool.

07- No way is a RNB ballad. The instrumental part in the introduction is nice but I don’t like how she says “no way”. I really don’t like that ballad. It’s flat & repetitive.

08- Stay is really similar to no way. So, I don’t like it too.

09-Comes up is the third kawaii song. It’s really different from SUPERSTAR and Lick Me. It’s a bit repetitive & the chorus is a bit flat. The verse is really nice.

10-Physical thing is a horrible electro song. It’s really random and has a repetitive instrumental part.

11-Ecstacy is an electro rock song. Chorus is random. The song has an unsown effect. Moreover the song end without forestall.

12-Univers is really bad too. It’s again an electro random & repetitive song.

13-It’s all love is the duet she did with her sister, Misono. That song is horrible too. I’m never able to listen to it wholly.

14-Alive is a ballad which has a beautiful and amazing arrangement. It’s like a Disney song. However I think that the vocal part is a bit common.

15-Moon Crying Live ver.in Taiwan have a nice introduction. I never really like that song. I think that she don’t sing it powerful. I think it’s an horrible song that hurt my ears.

9,6/20




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Days!!

It has been a long time since my last post. I’m not really a rigorous type people & I tend to neglect some parts of my life which ...