Monday, January 3, 2011

Kanon x Kanon Calendula Requiem

CD
CD+DVD
Limited edition

KanonxKanon is collaboration between the amazing Kanon Wakeshima & Kanon from An Cafe. Calendula Requiem is their first single. The cover show a big relooking for Kanon Wakeshima. But she’s really cute in kimono style.

01-Calendula is the first song. It’s a dynamic pop song where violin & Cell are really present. In spite of the traditional theme that we can see on the covers & in the pv, traditionnal japanese sounds isn’t heard on that song. I really like it. My view about the pv is so-so. The world comes out a dream. We only see Kanon &Kanon walking with person which the heads were replaced by objects. Those objects represent Japan: it’s why one think make me smile: PSP XD. This song is the theme for the anime Shiki.

02-The Doll House is the second track. It’s more electro-pop. The main theme is really hopping. I really like that song, maybe more than the first one. Moreover we can perfectly hear a Cell solo of Kanon Wakeshima. This song is more Wakeshima’s style.

03-Umigame Soup is the song that disappointed me. This song is too simple & childish because of the repetitive lyrics. I’m very glad that the length is under 2.50.

4,25/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Days!!

It has been a long time since my last post. I’m not really a rigorous type people & I tend to neglect some parts of my life which ...