Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mika Nakashima STAR

STAR is the 6th album of Mika Nakashima. The cover is used for the both edition: CD & CD+DVD. It’s really simple with soft colours. I’m not a fan of that cover personally.

01-ALWAYS come from her 31st single. That beautiful ballad was used for the main theme of Sayonara Itsuka. I don’t know why she chose to start her album by a ballad. The pv for that song is not really special. In fact I totally the only thing I can remember is Mika sitting on a chair in front of a table & singing. So boring...

02-Ichiban Kirei na Watashi wo is a ballad again. It’s totally different from the first track. Maybe I’m the only one who thing that...in the verses I can hear some traditional Japanese note in Mika’s voice. The song come from her 32th single & was used in the Unubore Deka drama. The pv is really beautiful even if some scene remind me other pvs as Trust you by Yuna Ito & faraway by Koda Kumi.

03- BABY BABY BABY continues the series of ballad. It’s the first b-side on the ALWAYS single. This song is Jazzy. It would be great if she made a pv for this. It’ll be in 50 years in a bar where she would sing in a nice red dress. It’s what I imagine for this song. I really like it.

04-Overload breaks the series of ballad. It’s a pop song. The arrangements are really nice but there is something that bore me. Maybe the instrumental is too repetitive or maybe I’m not an addict of dynamic Mika songs. Generally I prefer her ballad. Overload come from her 28th single. The pv is really magic & well-done. It’s one of my favourite of this album.

05- GAME was already used in her NO MORE RULE album. I don’t know why she put this song here. I don’t think it suits with the theme of STAR. The pv for this pop-rock-jazzy song is really dark.

06-SMILEY is the first song I hate. It comes from the CANDY GIRL single that is Mika’s 29th single.

07-CANDY GIRL is a Jazz RnB song. I’m not an addict of this song even if I prefer that one to SMILEY. The pv show a sexy red circus world where Mika wear a cat costume. The scene are really nice but I think that something miss the pv to be really attractive. I only watch it twice over.

08-LONELY STAR is an electro song. Usually I’m not a big fan of electro song but that one has an I-don’t-know-what that isreally good.

09-No Answer is the b-side of the Overload single. The first time I listened to it I think it was better than the a-side. My view hasn’t changed. It’s more fresh & light than Overload.

10-SPIRAL is the second b-side of the ALWAYS single. It’s the only song of the single that didn’t catch my heart. For me that song is so-so. It’s that kind of song that I hear only when my player plays it.

11-Memory (feat. Daishi Dance). The original song comes from her Nahareboshi single. I really love the work of DAISHI DANCE (especially what he made with Ayu’s HEAVEN song.). The whole song is singing in English.

12-16 strike the comeback of the ballad part. It’s a simple song with an acoustic guitar accompaniment. It’s a nice song even if the level is not the same that her old ballad as Yuki no Hana for example.

13-Nagareboshi comes from her 30th single. It’s a powerful ballad. This is the last song that has a pv. That one is really boring. We only see train & Mika on a swing.

14-SONG FO A WISH is the last song. The album starts & finishes with a ballad. That one is really amazing. It’s really sweet.

7,5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Days!!

It has been a long time since my last post. I’m not really a rigorous type people & I tend to neglect some parts of my life which ...