Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shoko Nakagawa Cosmic Inflation

CD
CD+DVD

Cosmic Inflation is the 3rd album of Shokotan. I love the title. It’s why I call a Shokotan’s title. The covers are simple but really nice.

01 - FLYING HUMANOID is the first track of the album. It’s in her FLYING HUMANOID single too. It’s dynamic pop song. The arrangements are really simple & not really special. I like this song but she did better for me. The pv is ok even if I miss her old pv. For this new album the pv’s are not as cute & original as her other ones.

02 - Gozen Rokuji is the next & non-single track. As the previous song is a dynamic pop song. It is the same kind of song. Easy to sing & easy to play. No surprise. I like it as FLYING HUMANOID.

03 – Namidaboshi is really different. The intro has some electro sound. It’s a pop song. The electric guitar is more present. Even if it’s not special I prefer the singing part here.

04 - Kokoro no Antenna is the song from one of her single. It’s the theme for one of the many pokemon movies. It’s a cute pop song for children. I’m not an addict of that kind of song even if I don’t hate them. The chorus is a bit boring. What I love the more with Kokoro no Antenna is the pv. OMG It’s really so cute. I love that kind of pv. It’s really original & in Shokotan style!

05-rainbow forecast is a kind if dynamic pop song again. It's better than Kokoro no Antenna. The pv is ok. As the song is the opening for the movie Cloudy with a chance of Meatballas, we see some parts of the movie in the pv. the only thing that makes me smile is the cotton candy clouds.

06-shortcake adventure. Here is a beautiful Shokotan title as I like. This song is so full of energy. It sound as an opening song. It's one of my favourite song of that album.

07-Jewelry heart is an 8O' inspire song. Shokotan is a big fan of anime & old songs. One of her favourite singer is the famous Seiko Matsuda. I really like that song. The 80' were good years. This song is really cute with the choir in the chorus. I can imagine a magical girl anime for that song.

08 - lemonade is really a fresh & energize song as I love. We can hear some rock sound even if it’s a pop song. I think the title is perfect for that song.

09 - Arigatou no Egaois a ballad that come from the Arigatou no Egao single. That song is really powerful. At the start of the song the instrumental par is really simple but it becomes really after that. The pv is really boring as we see Shokotan singing in front of building. She really did a nice work with that ballad.

10 - RAY OF LIGHT comes from her 11th single. It’s the 5th ending of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Since the single I release the song didn’t grow in my heart. I think it’s a simple pop-rock song without the level of a good Shokotan’s song. The pv is esthetic but really boring.

11 - Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana is a wonderful pop song. Seriously, it’s my favourite song of Shokotan. It comes from the single that has the same title. The pv is one of my favourite too. It’s so magic & fantastic. I wonder she didn’t make a lot of that kind of pv for that album.

12 - TYRANT too young is a rock song so dynamic & 100x better than RAY OF LIGHT. Even if the vocal part & the guitar sound stay basic I really love that kind of song. Usually I don’t like the common stuff but with Shokotan that kind of song is great. Maybe because I love the world of Shokotan & her song make me smile.

13 - Sen no Kotoba to Futari no Himitsu is the last song of that album. She decided to finish with a ballad. It’s that kind of beautiful ballad with the presence of the piano & violins. Even if Arigatou no Egao is better than this ballad but to conclude that album.

9,14/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Days!!

It has been a long time since my last post. I’m not really a rigorous type people & I tend to neglect some parts of my life which ...